Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Update

I'm sorry I've been so MIA. There have been some very significant things in my life and it made me realize, makeup isn't the only thing I want to blog about. Makeup is still my passion I would gladly answer any questions, but I want my readers to really know about my life and what type of health condition I have and have to deal. I'm don't want sympathy but bring awareness to the condition I have. This condition is AVM. 
Here's some info from Wikipedia:

"Arteriovenous malformation (AVM) is an abnormal connection betweenarteries and veins, bypassing thecapillary system. This vascular anomalyis widely known because of its occurrence in the central nervous system, but can appear in any location. Although many AVMs are asymptomatic, they can cause intense pain or bleeding or lead to other serious medical problems.

AVMs are usually congenital and belong to the RASopathies. The genetic transmission patterns of AVM, if any, are unknown. AVM is not generally thought to be an inherited disorder, unless in the context of a specific hereditary syndrome."

So, being said, I have gone thru 3 gamma knife radiation surgery from July 2013-February 2014; all three months apart. The anatomy of my AVM is one the most complex out there. So complex that when I went to UCSF, one of their teachers had ask if they could "use" my brain for studies, and your damn I said, shall I ever pass away, they could take my brain to study. Hey, anything to come up with preventions for the future. My AVM is in my brain, left side that controls my mobility, speech, and comprehension. Since getting my radiation, my mobility have gone down significantly, to be honest, I look like one who had a stroke. I can't deny the fact that I have good days and really bad days that I am too embarrassed to be seen that I would stay home. My daughters (5, 4) have been understanding of my condition and have been trying to help me. One day, one day, there will be an answer to this phenomenon. 


No comments:

Post a Comment