Friday, February 28, 2014

Make-up, Milani, Loreal...oh wow!

I've been doing major make-up hauls, both drugstore and high-end brands, to do reviews and most importantly, add to my kit. I've been wanting to try some of the new, or not as new, Eyeshadows from the drugstore. I live within walking distance from our local CVS/Longs. In Hawaii, Longs was our ONLY drugstore we had for many years before Costco and Sam's etc etc. 
I walked right in to that store with a mission and some leisure time (I can spend almost all day anywhere makeup is in sight. It's no wonder make-up is my career). I started from the end of the makeup isle and worked my way up, looking for anything that caught my interest. I stopped at Milani first because their baked shadows were screaming to be looked at. There were 2 colors that caught my eye. One was a copper/red color, the other a bright blue/pink fuschia. One of the main reasons I love baked eyeshadows is the effect you get when  the light hits it; it's a metallic and very multi-dimensional look. Next I walked by Rimmel and found their new Scandeleyes Kohl Eyeliners...put that in my basket. I walked along more towards the Loreal cosmetics. I picked up the Loreal Infalliable eyeshadows which looked like loose pigments. 
Now the best part:
The colors I chose from the baked Milani shadows are (from left to right in the first photo) 602 I Heart You and 616 Must Have Fuschia. I swatched the in the second picture both with and without primer.  The texture is a little gritty but no doubt, a baked shadow. Depending how you use it, wet or dry, you get the best of both worlds with the products. The color pay off is crazy-good and yes I would purchase more colors and use in my kit. Milani - check!
These Loreal Infalliable Eyeshadows are not what expected....it's above and beyond what I expected. Colors I chose are Liquid Diamond on the left and Eternal Sunshine on the right. I have to say the texture seems buttery and finely milled, more than MAC (dare I say).  It's like a cross between Urban Decay, Lorac, and Smashbox. The color payoff is unbelievable. The swatches above does no justice. As you can tell, there isn't much of a difference with or without primer, the pigmentation is THAT good! I can't wait to do wet looks with these. I'll DEFINITELY get more colors and recommend do other MUAs. 
One last brand that I am starting to fall in love with it is Rimmel. Their new Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner and shadowstick are BLAAACK. I noticed the shadowstick lasts longer than the eyeliner. Like any other Kohl Kajal, it's very creamy and easy to smudge out if you want that effect. Definitely a good base for those smoky eyeshadow days. 

Don't forget to follow me on IG: @cynmarie_tho @cynmarie_tho2  and like my FB page: facebook.com/muacynthiaperalto

Buenos Noches mi amores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment