Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Belletto Studio Airbrush Makeup

I finally got my hands around the whole color range of the Belletto Airbrush Makeup.  I'm very particular about different airbrush makeup because:
1. It is a good yet expensive investment. Being able to have that as an add on service for bridal, proms, balls etc can really boost your business
2. Airbrush makeup is very versatile, you can use with an airbrush machine or with the right brush (for some reason I don't like using a beauty blender with it, I feel as if the blender sucks up the product more than a brush)
3. A good one will provide sheer to medium, buildable full coverage and great for long wear i.e. Weddings, events, dates etc. 


In the kit I purchased, I got all twelve shades that they offered. I did not get the full 14 or 16 colors because I got these thru Hautelook (PR for marketing them lol). I believe there are 2 more colors which are the darkest colors. 
Their line has the usual undertones, ruddy (or pink) and yellow. All of their colors are labeled as F2-F10 and P for pink (ruddy, pink undertone) and Y for yellow undertone. 
The top photo are the "P" colors. My skin tone is yellow so these colors pop out more on my arm. The bottom photo is the yellow colors. The color matching is pretty simple. I usually have to mix colors for me to get the right match but color F6  in the yellow undertone was a perfect match. 
The coverage is sheer to medium. It is possible to build to full but I would recommend using a brush to build it to full coverage. I have acne scars so I need the full coverage. The coverage wasn't as great that I would get from a cream foundation so I used concealer as well. The foundation sets quickly, almost feels like powder.  I wouldn't recommend using powder all over the face.  It may make your skin look too powdery and dry. For oily skin, maybe just down the center. I think the glowy look (glowly not oily) on the rest of the face.  For someone who has dry/mature skin, I would make sure that they prep their skin with a very good moisturizer as this airbrush makeup, or any other, settles in to lines.  As with oily skin, you also want to use an appropriate primer for your skin condition and skin type.  
I'm impressed by the formula and had it on for about 8 hrs. My skin was oily, as it usually is, but it seemed it was under control, not like an oil slick from frying bacon (YUCK!).  

Remember, you don't need an airbrush system. You can use a kabuki or a regular foundation brush and stipple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment