Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Eve Pearl HD Dual Cream Foundation

I recently ordered the Eve Pearl HD Dual Foundation thru Hautelook and I'm so excited to review this. 
First off, the packaging is very classy.  The actual compact resembles chrome and is wrapped in a velvet bag.  In the bag is a little instruction paper that tells you how to apply the foundation. 



When you open the compact, there are 2 shades which you can use for highlight and contour.  The shade I chose was Tan and let me tell you - this color was perfecto!  I'm a dark olive/tan and I have the hardest time finding the perfect shade.  A lot of the foundations I've purchased and used (and still use) have oxidizing agents in them which makes me look orange and darker than I am.  This foundation  did not oxidize, in fact, it stayed true to its color, what you see in the package is what you get. 

Now the benefits straight from evepearl.com:
  • Long lasting wear that feels like your favorite skincare ... because it is skincare
  • Hydrates, protects & rejuvenates your skin’s texture and elasticity
  • Covers redness, discolorations, scarring, imperfections and more
  • For all skin types, especially sensitive skin
  • Available in 6-Shades
The texture of the foundation is like butter, but don't be fooled by the texture thinking it would just slick off.  I have oily/scenic skin, so I was a little hesitant with how this would work for my skin type.  
I used a beauty blender (damp) to apply the foundation.  It was so easy to blend it into the skin. It literally melted into my skin. There was definitely coverage that I could build to full coverage and yet there was no cakiness. The finish is a Demi-matte finish; A healthy glow without the oil slick you feel from other cream foundations.  
I live in Hawaii and I think our weather is true test of all foundations.  If what they claim their product is or does, the humidity here is the ultimate test.  With humidity there is a lot of sweating and oiliness. Both factors that can breakdown makeup in an instant - especially if you have combination/oily skin.  As mentioned before, I have the most greatest oily/acneic skin.  I wore my makeup from 10am thru 6pm. My skin looked alive, like skin, not cakey, oxidized or blotchy.  I didn't have much transfer which I love since I have kids that are always so affectionate :). I didn't need to reapply the foundation itself, just touched up with pressed powder on my t-zone once, my skin was still concealed really good (oh here's another perk, after applying foundation, I did NOT need concealer),  
I honestly don't know why it took me so long to try this. Now I know what I need to stock up on for my pro kit and personal kit!
Here's a picture of the foundation on my skin tone and skin type

Cheers to the mother of foundation Pearls, Eve!

Sweet pearl dreams makeup lovers!



No comments:

Post a Comment